Friday, June 14, 2013

The things I see in Jakarta!!!

   Today, on the way home from work, I saw something that would have normally shocked me but since living in Jakarta, it seems to be something almost normal.



    This is not the exact family that I saw, but it is pretty darn close. The only difference in what I saw today was that the mother was riding side saddle while holding a very small baby  and the only person that had a helmet on was that dad. I really wish I would have been able to catch a picture of my own.  I know you always do what you have to do for your children and your family but I would be so very scared to have that many people / children on a bike and no one have any helmets. 
    I see people crashing (well bumping really . . .  that can't go fast enough to crash) into one another on a daily basis, and thank GOD I have not seen one of those bikes crash with a family on it!

Oh Jakarta . . . 

No comments: