Thursday, December 08, 2011

Sweeping . . . .

They do a lot of sweeping here  . . . and raking . . . a lot, but it is not quite what I would think of.

They sweep all of the time, the grass, driveways, sidewalks (when they are there) but there is trash everywhere. That is because they are sweeping up the leaves, pine needles, flowers, and dirt. They sweep right around the trash though. I don't understand it.  It is something little, but something I have noticed. 
The Indonesian people are very proud of their country and their people. So much so that they will spend an hour sweeping up the grass to make sure it looks perfect, but then you will see a pile of trash on the street right next to them. 

I know this blog is short, and I am sure a lot of them will be, but these are just things that come to my mind. 

No comments: