BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR !!!!!!!!!
That's right, I am a breast cancer survivor, at 30 years old. I have already been through a double mastectomy and am now going through the process of reconstruction. I will be deciding in a couple of weeks what type of treatment I will be doing to combat this awful disease that TRIED to invade my body. That's right, it TRIED AND FAILED!!!!!!
I am different now.
Can something like this change a person so quickly? I say yes! YES! YES! YES!
It really makes you think about your life, and your family, and how you all connect together. Who it is that God has made you to be, and what it is He wants you to do.
I have so much that I would like to get out of my head and onto the page, but I am trying to form it into something that makes sense.
I really believe that I have been put here on this earth to be a help to people in need. I believe that I have had to go through the different trials in my life, so I can understand what others are dealing with (for real) and help them when they need it. Everyone has a bad day, everyone needs a pick me up. Everyone needs to have someone come along side them and listen. Listen to the bitching, listen to the complaining, listen to the crying, listen to the laughing, but they just need someone to listen. I understand that, and I love to be that person. I love to pick up on the little things they might say and try and act on that. For example . . . a few weeks ago, my mom had made a comment about the soap that she had to wash your hands at the kitchen sink. She had said she just has dish soap there now because her favorite soap from bath and body works had been discontinued. It was a passing comment. Nothing implied, nothing purposeful, just a comment. Later on that afternoon, I went searching on the internet to find said soap and ordered 2 bottles. This was not a big thing. Not even a need that she had. It was just something I knew would make her happy.
A couple of months ago, I was thinking about a very good friend of mine, Nora. I knew she had been through a rough week and could use a little pick me up. Well, I was in Indonesia, what in the world could I do? I couldn't stop by and bring her Starbucks like I did in the past, so I did something a little different. I had some flowers sent to her at work. She had no idea they were coming, but I know for a fact that they made her smile and brightened up her day!
I am not telling you this to get praise. That is not the point. I am just trying to let you into my head a little bit and see how my mind works. I love people to know that I really do care about them, that I really do listen when they talk, and I want to do whatever I can to help make them smile.
Please let people you care about know. When you are thinking about them, send them a note, an e-mail, a text, something to say, "Hi!" Love one another. DON'T YELL ALL OF THE TIME! Enjoy the time you have with your children, even when they are driving you up the wall. I have not been able to hold my girls for almost 2 months! TWO MONTHS! I have not been able to kiss them goodnight, or give them a hug in the morning. I have not been able to be there when they get off the school bus and ask them how their day went. I have not been the one to be there to break up their fights. I really DO want to be there for that, as odd as it sounds, because I want to be able to teach them something from that. I want them to learn from me what I feel God wants me to teach them. I want to learn from them. They teach me just as much as I want to teach them.
Love your family, love your friends, show kindness to the ones who others shun. You might be the only sincere smile and hello they get for the day.
Ok, I could go on and on about this, but if you are reading this, please please, tell me something encouraging that has happened to you in your life. Someone that has said or done something to help encourage you when you needed it most. Those kind of stories make my day!!!
<3 to you all,
Lizzy :)
8 comments:
I remember when I was having a genuinely shitty time in life. My mom had cancer and was having a Hysterectomy, Christmas sucked and I was hard-core depressed. So depressed I just wanted to punch something.
And then I got a package in the mail of an inflatable weeble punching bag with Weeza's face taped to the top of it. I finally had something to punch, but all it did was make me laugh! Lizzy, you have a gift of truly touching peoples souls when they need it the most with exactly what they need. Thank you for loving so well and so thoroughly! I luh you!!
(Lizzy sent me that package by the way, for those of you reading this other than her!)
When my youngest son was born last spring my husband's aunt drove my older son to school 30 miles across town every morning until school let out for the summer. It was the most generous act anyone could have done because she stood in the gap for me and took care of my oldest in a way that I wasn't able to. I am forever grateful.
I just want to say that I really miss you and your friendship. Come home soon. xoxo
I once mentioned on FB that I wanted a huge nice baby carrier, an expensive one. I was just batting around the idea as a "dream". Well my old roommate bought it and sent it to my house without telling me! I was thrilled! We have hiked with that Kelty carrier all over the Mountains!!
We had an emergency back in the states and had to fly back suddenly. The entire community out here took donations to give us a nice chunk of change to help us through payday while we traveled, and our neighbor took our dog for us (she asked us, we didn't ask her). It was an awful time, but the people here made it so much less stressful!
When I was in kindergarten there was an albino boy who always got made fun of by other kids, not by me. One day he kissed me on the cheek at the playground and I got made fun of too. I didn't care. He moved after kindergarten year. I got a Christmas card from him every year until we moved after my 8th grade year.
It's easier for me to remember the times I helped someone because it makes such an imprint on me, not because I like to pat myself on the back, but because I LOVE doing it and I feel like it's why I'm there at that moment. It's hard to explain, but I don't think I have to. I can tell you know exactly what I'm talking about.
http://www.lilblueboo.com
Choose Joy :)
Praise God!!! I only recently found your blog via Mommyland, and you are an inspiration to me. :)
My gorgeous 19 year old "bonus" son committed suicide six months ago. The outpouring of support, mostly via Facebook, was amazing to me. Sorority sisters that I had never even met reached out to me, just because we wear the same letters. Friends who I hadn't spoken to for years called to check on us. You sound like a fantastic person and friend, and it sounds like you have blessed so many people with your thoughtfulness. So glad that "Survivor" is at the end of "breast cancer!"
About a year ago I got diagnosed with Lupus.I was having kidneys issues and suffering from real bad migraines.Had blood work and ct scan before they found the cause.At first i was really sad,all i could think about were my kids and my husband. when i told my friends and family they were amazing!! the love and concern they showed made me feel so loved and i have friends and family who really care for me.
Its hard,sad to recieve bad news in our lifes, all we can do is put our trust in God. Know that he does not abandoned us, when we feel he is far from us,its when hes close by. I believe God has a great purpose in you. i may not know you but you seem like a very strong person.May God strenthen you and ur beautiful family!! Know in your heart he is with you,he holds you in the palm of his hands!!! You and your family are in my prayers!!! God bless you Lizzy <3
love, G.Z
Post a Comment