Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Why?

So I have heard about 6 different times from people asking me how I am doing because they haven't seen any update on the blog and they are worried. The reason why I haven't written anything is because I haven't really had anything to write. I have been slapped in the face by breast cancer, ripped away from my amazing husband and wonderful daughters all within a day, and now I am facing the decision on weather or not I should have Chemo or not. Seriously . . . when did this become my life.

I am not a very emotional person (well, maybe I am but I really don't like to share them outwardly) but I feel like a volcano ready to blow. I am taking things personally, making things up in my head, trying so hard to be perfect then wondering what in the world I did to make someone upset with me and really learning a lot about myself in the process. 

This is a very hard time in my life. I think the longer I wait here for the next step, the more and more it is sinking in. Avery hard time that I am having to deal with without my best friend by my side. Believe me, I feel blessed that I get to skype with him, but it really is not the same thing. 
I am allowed to have days where i kick and scream and say I'M DONE! I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT ALONE ANYMORE, right!

Then I think, ugh, I have no reason to think that way because it really could be sooooo much worse! I still, for the most part , have my health, and can still be there to help other people. That is what I need to focus on right now. How can I help others? What can I do for other people that are feeling worse than me? What can I do to boost someones spirits who are in a worse place than I am. That is what's going to get me though all of these down times . . .  being able to do things for others! That is what I love to do. 

Lizzy

2 comments:

Darla said...

YES, YOU are allowed to have those days. You are human. :-) You are such an inspiration to us all and if you want to scream, then by all means...SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you cuz.

Allison said...

You do have every right to have your angry days. I had plenty when my Josh and I were separated (38 freakin' months). Yeah... it could be worse, but it could be better too!!! ;)

We're about to move to the DC area so if you want to impart some DC knowledge I'd be thrilled to hear it!!!