Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Starting the meds . . . a 5+ year journey

So I started taking my cancer meds last night. It seems weird that this is a med that I will be taking for the next 5+ years. It will just become a part of my daily life.
The pill is called Tamoxifen.  It scares me a little to think I have started on this path, but I also feel so blessed that this is the only medicine I am having to take and not the chemo.

I am trying to find a new sense of balance in my life. Trying to adjust to being back in Indonesia and not being able to do all of the things that I loved to do when I was here last time. I know I will be able to do those things again, but waiting is the hard part!

No comments: