People are saying that it is all because of this one man who made this movie. I think this was just a excuse for these extremist groups. I am not saying I think the movie doesn't deserve to be hated by the muslim people here, I just think things are going too far. Why do people have to hate so much. Everyone believes different things. Some people believe in God. Some worship Alah. Some worship 100's of different beings.
I am so sad. Why is one person better than another because of what they believe in? Why is it then ok to add even more violence into the mix? Haven't humans learned anything from their past mistakes?
The events going on here are scary. There are protests being held at the US Embassy. People are angry, tempers are flaring and then we get scenes like this.
Please know that as of now, we are safe. The security at the embassy is wonderful and the Indonesian police force has really stepped up to help.
Also the security at the American Club (where we live) is very good.
I just hope this all ends soon and doesn't spread somewhere else.




5 comments:
I have been following your blog for a little bit - please stay safe!!!! Sending positive thoughts your way and in hopes that it will all settle down soon!!!
For one thing Lizzy, the extremetists really dont believe in anything. they will choose anything to fight and kill. this is not about religion or God. its about some crazy people who hate everyone and have picked up on this cause as an excuse. and don't forget Lizzy, there is only One God. there areany belie
i could not finish my comment, it froze up. what i was saying is that there are many beliefs, but only One God. but you know that. we cant even play around with the other beliefs. ee are praying for your safety
So glad you are all safe. Love you peeps!
I try and focus on the billions of other people who are watching the madness and shaking their heads in disdain just like all of us. Religious extremism and intolerance is awful and it's always been there. Fear is a powerful tool. I agree that an already angry group of people used the video as a catalyst to release their rage. Others are raging too, but against the Muslims... white-pride groups ::eyeroll:: Someday I think we'll be awesome. We're better than before! Glad you're safe. I hope this all stops getting coverage and simmers down.
Post a Comment