According to the oncologist here in Singapore I am still cancer free! Woohoo! I am anemic so need to watch out for that, and she said it wouldn't be bad if I ate some chicken every once in a while. I do have enlarged lymph nodes under both arms (enlarged but still quite small) and she said that is a very common reaction from the body because of the implants. She would like me to come back in 3 months however and have another ultrasound done just to keep an eye on them and make sure they are not getting any bigger.
So with all this good news . . . why am I still feeling gutted? Oh I know why . . . The hospital that I had to go to is a private hospital here in Singapore. That means that I had to pay EVERYTHING out of pocket and then put in a claim to our insurance. Every time I had to pull out my credit card, I just kept thinking . . . this is the money that I have been saving for Europe. This is what I have been working so hard for . . . and it is just getting lower and lower every second. Yes I know it will be reimbursed (well most of it I hope) but I am pretty darn sure it wont be before we go to Europe. I know, I know, first world problems . . . I get that. It is just that this trip is a DREAM COME TRUE for me and a trip of a lifetime for me and my family. I don't want anything to hinder that . . . not at all . . .
Ok, I feel better now that I got that out! THANK GOD there is still no cancer in my body!!!!! At least I will be going to Europe knowing I am healthy!!!!!
Thank you to everyone for your encouragement during this past year. It has for sure had it's up's and downs, but knowing that through this blog I have been encouraging other people around the world makes it all worth while!
2 comments:
Congrats Lizzy!!!!!! Enjoy your trip to Europe - you will have so much fun and the money stuff will work itself out. Take a deep breath and let it all go!!!!! Have fun - you deserve it.
Chey xo
WOOO HOOOO!!! Wonderful! This is an answered prayer for me and my family to know that you're cancer free.
And hey! Matt is in Hong Kong right now - wave at each other?
Post a Comment