Monday, March 04, 2013

I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                       Right before I went into the OR


I can not believe it has been one year since I had my first surgery and was told they got all of the cancer and it hadn't spread!!!!!!


                                               (This is right after I came out of recovery)

What a journey this has been! I have learned so much about myself in this last year. So much about other people, and so much about human nature.
I still wonder all of the time why I was chosen to stay on this earth while so many others don't get this chance. I feel like I have had a 2nd shot at life!

I want to strive every day to be better than I was the day before. To make sure the people that are around me know how much I love them.

I am getting better with accepting what is now my new sense of normal. There are things that I can't do yet . . . yoga poses that I can't do, things I can't lift or pull (like myself) and for a long time, every time I would try and I couldn't, I would become extremely frustrated.  I have come to accept that things will come back in time. It has only been one year.

I am so happy to be back with my family again!




ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!!!!










4 comments:

Chey said...

Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful.
Chey xo

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!!!!

Unknown said...

That is so great lizzy im so thankful u shared your story u r very strong person congrats to many more years

Unknown said...

That is so great lizzy im so thankful u shared your story u r very strong person congrats to many more years