Monday, March 18, 2013

Our first day in PARIS!

I still can't believe that we are here! Paris! WOW!

We got in about 6am on Sunday morning. I had a plan to get to the apartment we were staying at, unload everything and then go to the market that is a block away and stock up on food for the next few days. However, that didn't happen. It was early Sunday morning in Paris  . . . nothing was open! I didn't even think about that!

Well with us Deatons, plans always change . . . we changed into some warmer clothes and headed off to explore! I knew we were close to the Eiffel tower, so off we walked. It took us about ten minutes to get there. We turned the corner, and BAM! there it was!


I could not believe we were standing there, looking at the Eiffel Tower! The girls were squealing and I was just standing there with my mouth open in disbelief .

The weather in Paris is quite cold right now but we toughed it out! We walked across the River Seine and hiked up the insane amounts of stairs to get to the "2nd floor" of the tower. The view was insane! :)



We did a bit of shopping while we were up there and got some gifts for some family that had said they wanted something from Paris.

From there, we made the trek back down to the ground. The sun started coming out at that point and it sure felt wonderful! :)

After that amazing adventure, we started our walk back home.











Our first day in Paris was amazing! Today, I believe we are planning on going to the Louvre and I am not sure what else!!! Keep checking in and I will keep updating!!!!! :) WOOOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

No comments: