Tuesday, April 09, 2013

ASHAMED

Today, I realized that I am very ashamed in myself. I have always been proud to be someone that has at least remotely taken care of herself. I love to be active, be outside, and take care of myself, but I have put that aside. I have fallen into a slump and just yesterday FINALLY decided to do something about it.

I also like that I can be very honest on my blog and I don't feel like I am judged too much; at least if I am most people keep it to themselves.

In the last 6 months, I have done nothing active to benefit my own body. I have NO EXCUSE for that. I have a pool that is just about in my back yard, and a gym that I can go to every day.
I feel like have become a hypocrite. and that makes me ashamed .  I try to teach my children about exercise and being healthy and eating right and here I was not exercising myself.

I have gained about 8-10lbs in the last 6-8 months. It breaks my heart and yesterday I finally decided to get out of my rut and get back to who I really am. I went to the gym here yesterday after work and got on the treadmill. I need to build my endurance back up, so it was only 30 min . . . but that is much better than what I had been doing.  Today I swam with the girls. After a few times across the pool, my chest started to pull. Those muscles are not used to being used that much, and are still healing, so I decided that I would use a kick board and just use my legs.  It was a great workout.

I hope I am able to keep this up, I really do because I do not like what I see in the mirror right now. I do not like the example that I have been setting for my girls. I want them to see me caring about my body and not just telling them to take care of theirs.

HERE'S TO A NEW CHAPTER IN MY STORY . . . Let's see how it goes! :)


1 comment:

Allison said...

I just went through the same exact craptasticness myself. NO REASON AT ALL! I was a blob of nothing (also for about 8 months). Sitting on the couch, yelling at my kids, being so stinkin' ridiculously lazy and pathetic. Come join the RFML challenge forum on sparkpeople! It'll help keep you motivated and everyone's really supportive and awesome :) We're doing a mother's day challenge right now. We'd love to have you!!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard.asp?board=18064x47761