Sunday, August 25, 2013

One more milestone down . . .

Lat week I had another trip to Singapore. I have to do this trip every 3 months for the next year. Going for these trips is very stressful. I like to think of it as a bit of shell shock.  Even though I might be feeling fine, I know in the back of my mind there is always a chance they are going to tell me the cancer has come back. That is something I never ever ever want to hear again, yet every three months I have to go back to the oncologist and worry that's what I am going to hear. 

Thankfully my trip to Singapore went well. I got a good report from the Dr!! NO CANCER! Yahoo!!!!! We talked about why I chose not to do chemo, and the pros and cons of the tamoxifin (sp) I am taking. We talked about the fact that even though I "only" had 4 lymph nodes removed (when it is very common to have 15 or more taken) that I still have to deal with the swelling on my left side. I tried to kid myself into thinking that since it was only 4, the swelling wouldn't be a big deal for me, but it is, sadly. I have to buy a compression sleeve for my arm and wear it when I fly any longer that 3 hours. 

The dr also told me I was very unique (this I already knew) She was so surprised about the aggression of the cancer that I had, the age that I was, the TYPE of cancer it was, and the insane amount of cancer history I have in my family (even though I had the genetic testing done and I have 0 genetic markers for my cancer being hereditary) All that to say, she was so impressed at how well I had pulled through, and how quickly I had recovered!

YEA ME! :)

1 1/2 YEARS DOWN!!!!! Looking forward to my next check-up in Nov so I can hear the same news over again!!! :)


There was a Starbucks on the main floor of the hospital I was at. Here is what I did to celebrate after my appointment! :)


No comments: