Thursday, December 29, 2011

Indonesia so far . . .

So I have been writing about all the differences that I am finding between Indonesia and the US, but while I was reading them back, I noticed that they didn't have very much of a positive spin on them. I don't like that. I didn't mean for them to sound negative, but to some degree, they do.
Anyways, I wanted to talk about the things that I like so far about Indonesia.
The first thing is that it is very green . . . very very green, and there are flowers everywhere! I love that! :) There are also such different plants here. I love exploring them.
The people here (for the most part) are extremely friendly and gracious. It seems like, from what I can tell, a very family conscious place. Family is always together in one way or another.
I like the community that we are living in. The kids always have somewhere safe to go and play.
We are always able to have a new adventure no matter what . . .  even if it is the smallest thing :)

Everyone is wonderful with helping me learn the language. It is great to have that support also!
The girls are loving their school, and the school seems to be very in tune with the students, I like that . . .

There is so much more, but I just can't spit it out now. Will write more later

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I've read your blogs on Indonesia and I don't see that much negative at all; you are making observations on what's different but that doesn't make it negative. You say they are friendly, hardworking, dedicated to family...so what if they have a smelly fruit/veggie/unknown green thingy - if it stinks, it stinks - that's no reflection on the country; God created that smelly thing. Besides, I'm sure most of them would be appalled the U.S.A.'s blatant, in-your-face consumerism and waste.