Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tennis and Bats . . .

Yes, here in Indonesia they do go together!

Joshua and I have started playing tennis again. The courts are right outside our back yard. It is so nice. We eat dinner,  relax for a few minutes, then we are out to play!

I had been told that there were a lot of bats around the area, and if you saw something flying around at night, it was almost always a bat, but I had not seen them like this.
While Joshua and I were playing, there were at least 10 bats flying around overhead. Sometimes I was afraid I was going to hit one with the ball.  At one point I just stopped and took it in. It was the end of December, I was playing tennis on a court that was right outside my backyard, it was at least 75 degrees, and there were bats flying around me. Oh, yeah, and I was on the other side of the planet. The other thing I forgot to mention was the geckos. They are EVERYWHERE around here, and it is awesome! I love seeing them. They were on the fences around us running from one place to another.  At that moment, it really hit me that we were in Indonesia. We were on the other side of the world, experiencing new things every day and even taking the good with the bad, it was awesome!

No comments: