I am trying to decide if I want to get a job working at the embassy or not.
I thought when I got here that I would enjoy having all of this free time to myself, and I do, but it is almost too much. I have someone cleaning my house and doing my laundry. Once the kids go to school, it is just me, and you can only go and get your nails done and go for a walk so many times in one week. I know it sounds weird. I know many people that are reading this that are thinking, "that sounds like a dream life, why are you complaining". Well, I am not complaining, just trying to decided what I want to do with myself for the next couple of years. Because of the laws here, the only place I could work is the embassy, which I think is pretty cool.
I have been a full time stay at home mom for the last 9 years, and I am wondering if I am ready for a bit of a change. My girls are in school full time.
Thoughts . . .
3 comments:
Yes, I absolutely think that if a job is available at the Embassy you should apply for it. That would be an invaluable experience for you for the future when you come back to the States and want to get a job. That experience would set you apart from hundreds of other applicants. You have a lot to offer and they would be very lucky to get you. After all, the girls will be in school, and you need some adult interaction & conversation.
Aunt Sherrie
Thanks Aunt Sherrie! :)
Did you bring your camera gear? Take pictures :) If I had tons of free time...I would Totally be a contributor to istockphoto.com or photodune.net
Post a Comment