Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ok, so here is the low down . . .

I am not going to keep this hidden and hope that this all turns out to be nothing, but here is what has been going on in my life for the last week or so.

Last week, I found a lump on my breast. The same day, I went to the dr at the embassy. She sent me to get an ultrasound done and I got the results of that back the next day. They were not really what I wanted to read. There was no definite answer, but a high suspicion of a malignant  tumor. I brought these back to the embassy, and by that night, they had me on a plane back to the states.  Right now I am sitting in Japan just waiting for my next leg of the flight.  While I type this, I am listing to the praise song "SHOUT TO THE LORD" blaze through my headphones and right into my heart.

I have no idea what to think about all of this that is happening.  I just keep telling myself, "this is nothing and they are just trying to be safe by sending me back to the states" but then I think " but if they didn't think it was serious why didn't they just send me to singapore like they do with everyone else?"
I am scared, but I am also feeling stronger than ever.   I don't know what this dr is going to tell me when I see her tomorrow. I have to prepare for both the good and the bad.  God is still God, no matter what I am feeling, and I know he is holding all of this together.

Please just pray for us. Joshua is still in Indonesia with the girls. I don't want everything to be ok for me, I just want everything to be ok for them. My girls need their mommy. They need me to be there as they grow up. The need me to help them pick out the perfect prom dress, and then the perfect wedding dress. I don't want them to have to do any of that alone. I am their mother and it is my job to raise them. Not anyone else's.

Ok , I could go on and on about all of this, but I need to go take care of the next leg of this journey.
Thank you for your prayers!!!! Lets hope this is nothin!!!


12 comments:

Mindy said...

I love you, Lizzy!! Praying for you and Josh and the girls. I hope it's nothing but if not, you are for sure a fighter!

Carrie LaHaie said...

Oh my goodness! I wish I could be isn't there with you holding our hand!!! Please let us know what happens tomorrow. I will be praying like crazy!

Carol Graham said...

Praying for you on this journey, and know you will get excellent medical care.

Lisa Hezmalhalch said...

I love you. I love you so much. Please, please keep me updated on how the appointment goes tomorrow!

Alison Ferry said...

Lizzy. I love you so much...I know we arent super mushy but seriously...I hope you have my cell number still. That number doesnt change. I am here if you need anything. ANYTHING...OK?!? I am so thankful that you are going to receive optimal medial care! GAH. Chip up and breathe...you have an excellent family unit behind you! XOXO

Bill Deaton said...

I love you Lizzy. We will keep praying for you and trusting for good report!! The Lord is with you in all this!!

Melany Zwartjes said...

We are here for you Lizzie. If you need anything or, if I can help out with the girls while you're State side please just say the word.
I've only known you a short time, but I can tell you are one strong woman! You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Aimee said...

We are praying for you and Joshua and the girls!

Karlise said...

Praying for you Lizzy! I hope it's nothing but if it isn't, you can fight this!

Mandy K said...

Just saw this. Praying HARD for you and your family!

Pam hawthorne said...

I wrote on this blog yesterday but didn't so it right. But I figured it out . You are not alone my friend we ate here holding you and your girls and Joshua up to God. He is there with you and so are we.

Jody said...

I had no idea you have been going through this. Be strong and see what the biopsy results are. You have a great support system already (family, friends and embassy) PLease keep us posted! We are all praying for you and your family.