The one that we had been waiting for. On Thursday Feb 9, 2012, we got the call that I did indeed have breast cancer. I was sitting in Olive Garden with my mom when her phone rang. She looked at the number, just looked at me and handed me the phone. She knew, and I knew, but to hear those words "Lizzy, my suspicions were right, I am sorry to tell you that you do, in fact, have breast cancer" stung.
So, I have breast cancer . . . I HAVE BREAST CANCER! There it is out there! So what. That doesn't change who I am in any way. If anything, it just makes me stronger. I was BORN having to fight for my life, and I sure as hell will not let something like this bring me down! I have been through WAY TOO MUCH in my life!!!!
I have three amazing girls that need their mother. They need to know what a strong mother they have, and I hope they learn how to be strong through all of this that I have to go through!
Will write more later!
Lizzy <3
3 comments:
My darling, Lizzy, you have always been such an inspiration to me, seriously! Whenever anybody says to me, "how do you do it with those four kiddos?", I'm always like, "you think I'm tough, let me tell you about my friend Lizzy!". You are going to beat this thing girl and you ARE going to show those little ladies of yours what strength and courage actually looks like. AND you are going to show them how to receive love and care and strength, from your family, your friends, from the body of Christ and from Jesus Himself. Press into His loving arms whenever you grow weary in this fight, He is waiting for you...... and then get back out there and kick that cancer in the teeth! I love you, Lizzy! Smooches, Holly
I love you girlie!!
Well said Holly! You took the words right out of my mouth! - Aunt Sherrie
Post a Comment