Tuesday, May 15, 2012

BLESSINGS

OK . . . So this is what I am looking for . . .

I would like you to leave a comment on this post about something that you don't really think of as a blessing on a day to day basis, but you would be at a loss if you didn't have it.

Mine: I didn't realize how lucky I was that I could just pick up my youngest little girl and hold her. I missed that sooooooo much, and really didn't think a lot about it until I couldn't do it anymore.

What about you?!?!?!?!
I can't wait to hear the responses!!! <3

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so lucky to have such a loving and romantic husband!

callasyndra said...

This is going to sound so silly, but I'm grateful to have colorful pens & notebooks :) Depending on my mood I choose a different colored pen to make notes, list, and journal with. Writing is something I adore ;-)

Allison said...

WOOO! Well living in a different country made me really miss and appreciate Jif peanut butter ;) haha... on a serious note. I miss my mother. I used to get annoyed with her, but now I am so excited to be moving back home again. I just want to hug her and take her out for some great seafood and let her know I missed her and still love her and still plan on taking care of her when she can't do it herself anymore. Her and my father.

Another thing I realize I take for granted is my own security as a wife and mother. I am a straight, white, married woman. I have it all. Others in my family have been struggling for years just to make sure their own children would go to Mommy 2 if Mommy 1 passed away. I have family who were put in internment camps after Pearl Harbor because they're Japanese. I will always be "safe" because I'm not scary to the general population, and I take that "blessing" as a charge to fight for others who weren't so lucky.

Anonymous said...

I'm so blessed to have God in my life!!! Without him I am nothing. God has blessed with a wonderful husband and awesome great children!!
My kids drive me crazy at times and it annoys me. I was away for a month without my children and husband, i missed them so much! It was so hard and sad to be away. I now appreciate every moment with my family and love them like crazy,even tho they still drive me nuts:) I thankful God for my special,loving family!!

Anonymous said...

Access to modern medicine. I wish I didn't need it so often for my kids, but I am grateful for it. I know if I was a mom in a less developed country I would not have the medical care my family has required and we would not all be here.

Stephanie said...

A couple of weeks after Christmas my daughter had a nightmare about a giant coming into her room and kicking her out of her bed so that he could sleep there. In the four months that followed she slept in her own bed a total of four times. For the last week she has slept in her own bed 6 of 7 nights. While I miss her in bed with us (something I never thought I would say), I 'm so happy that she felt safe with us and knew that we would protect her, no matter how irrational her fear. That is worth any amount of interrupted sleep.

Donna said...

The Internet! I live in Jordan, but I have friends all over the world and I love checking on their blogs and FB pages so I remember I'm not alone over here.