Saturday, May 19, 2012
Dealing with more than I thought
My little Aubrianna has been dealing with a lot in that little head of hers. For about the last 2 weeks, she has been bursting into tears randomly saying that she wishes I didn't have cancer. I was taking a bath a couple of days ago, she came in to tell me something and froze. I looked at her and asked what was wrong and she just started crying. She said she didn't like to see my scars, they scared her and made her nervous. They made her think about mommy being in pain and she doesn't ever want her mommy to be in pain. She has been writing things off and on, and last night sand me a couple of songs. This video was taken after she had sung one song and burst into tears halfway through.
I wish that what I was having to deal with didn't affect my children at all . . . but I am glad they feel like they can express their feelings about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are an amazing woman--who is raising girls to have amazing spirits. Because of you--and the way you love them and deal with things in your own life--they will be able to freely express what they are feeling in theirs. Keep doing what you are doing!!
God bless her!!!
Lizzy - after my dad died of cancer and then my grandfather died unexpectedly in the same year - Mason had a really tough time. He was very clingy to me only, cried and pitched a fit when he had to go to school or church, and asked all kinds of questions. We ended up getting counseling for him which did wonders. We are now in the same boat with my grandmother being diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer last month. I am a little anxious about how Mason will react once we tell him.
Post a Comment